Mother's Day and Father's Day
How Fertility Clinics Can Use These Commemorative Days Wisely
Mother's Day and Father's Day either can be days of great joy or sadness for your patients. They also can be opportunities to showcase your clinic and educate the public about important topics like the emotional aspects of infertility, male infertility and advances in treatment that are helping local men and women become parents. It's a wonderful time to highlight your organization's successes and to demonstrate support for your current patients who are undergoing treatment. But it's also a period when you must recognize the emotional turmoil many of your patients are experiencing because they have not yet achieved their goal of parenthood.
Here are a few ideas you can use to positively promote your practice during these important weeks while supporting your current patients:
1) Mail Mother's Day and Father's Day cards to patients who are celebrating these special days for the first time.
2) Send press releases to the local media with examples of real-life, local success stories of first-time mothers and fathers.
3) Send press advisories about how fertility patients are coping emotionally during these commemorative weeks and/or about male infertility and other related topics.
4) Have your social worker write an article with tips for coping with Mother's Day and Father's Day. Distribute this in your office, mail to your current patients and post on your Web site.
5) Offer patients a value-added service, such as a Girls Night Out or additional coaching, that will help them feel better about themselves and life their spirits.
5) Long-term, think about holding a Baby Reunion for successful patients during this period.